Kent Weald Swim Squad – Masters Strategy.
To bring Kent Swimmers together for relay teams at Regional, National, Europeans, and World Masters Championships as well as for other training and event opportunities.
• Consider joining KWSS BEFORE you enter any: SER, National, European or World Masters events if you want to compete at highest level in relays at these events.
• For further information and details of membership contact any of:
Glen Isaacs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keith Roshier: email@example.com
John King: firstname.lastname@example.org
We (mostly Glen) will be able to put you in contact with like-minded Masters / potential relay team members. Here is the membership form. Complete and return to Keith or John.
Initially £0 (NIL) to join KWSS (if you are a member of another Kent club already who has paid your SE Cat2 fees and then £2.50 per Masters Meet you enter if/when you are entered into any KWSS relay).
If you are not a member of another Kent club or living in Kent a membership fee will be charged.
Costs will be reviewed annually
• Camaraderie and inclusion.
• Communication between Kent Swimmers.
• Swimmers from teams who cannot put relays together, now can.
• Swimmers from teams where they are fast but the wrong age, can now have a team.
• Leveraged costs – hotels, travel, LAC 50m training, HC costs
• Competes with other ‘Open clubs’ such as Spencer & Otter
• Medal positions – Gain Regional/National/European records
• Swim to win
• Swim to compete
• Swim to include
• Kent’s premier ‘club’ based on top competition results
• Masters swimmers 18+
• Regional, National, European, and World Masters Championships
• Eventual own gala, raising finance?
Out of scope:
• Age group / Youth swimmers
• Kent Championships
• Open galas
Key Dates (important you make contact prior to entering any of these):
• SERs (various throughout the year)
• English Masters Champs
• British Masters Champs
• European and World Masters Champs
• Q: What about my current Kent Club membership and fees?
A: To join KWSS for free you will need to retain your current membership of your Club of longest standing and ensure your Cat2 registration is valid if you wish to join. Otherwise we will have to charge a membership fee to cover Swim England fees.
• Q:What about my rankings?
A: Your times will still go on ASA / SE rankings under the name of your existing Ranking Club even though if you may have entered a Masters event under the KWSS name. That said Swim England rules are that you can choose which is your Ranking club
• Q: If I have entered a Masters event under my existing Club name but now want to enter under KWSS what can I do?
A: Good question. I suspect the Promoters may be the ones to ask if you can change your club name (assuming you have joined KWSS by then). Alternatively you may have to withdraw and re-enter … but you will be at their mercy if they ask you to pay again!
• Q: How are relay teams selected?
A: This is a little fluid as we / Glen can only put teams together when we know we have swimmers commitment to attend those Meets by deadlines for each Meet. The intention is simply to put the FASTEST team together we can.
• Q: What if I enter an event under the KWSS banner and then end up not being in a relay team (either as there were not 4 swimmers … or I was too slow for the team)?
A: Early dialogue (well before entry deadlines) is recommended to make sure we will have numbers for relays. However there is still a risk that you may not be in the fastest 4 for the team … sorry! [Good news is that it will not trigger the £10 membership payment!].
• Q: Will there be KWSS kit for sale … and when?
A: The plan is yes. So far we have the green T shirt tops (see photos 0n website!) and with more kit planned!
We hope to have the basic kit available for the June Nationals at Portsmouth.
• Q: Who pays for my entries? Who actually processes the entries?
A: You will be expected to pay for your own entry fees for individual events. If selected for a relay you will be expected to pay your share of the relay entry fees as well.
Early dialogue will be essential to clarify who actually processes the entries for events. It is likely to be that you enter yourself for individual events and Glen Isaacs (or whoever he may delegate) will process relay entries.
• Q: I am not a member of a Kent Club / I do not live in Kent … can I join KWSS?
A: Yes but a fee will be charged.
• Q: Where is the Membership Form?
A: It is below. Send to Keith or John. Monies will not however be due until / if you are entered into your first KWSS relay.
To view the KWSS Club Constitution please click here: KWSS Constitution rev Jan 2020 clean version APPROVED BY SE